The case for using video in professional services marketing just received a shot in the arm from Google and Forbes Insights. A survey of 300 Senior Executives found the following:
- Video is becoming a critical information source for senior executives. More than 80% said they are watching more online video today than they were a year ago.
- Senior executives are also turning to video more frequently. Three-quarters (75%) of executives surveyed said they watch work-related videos on business-related websites at least weekly; more than half (52%) watch work-related videos on YouTube at least weekly.
- Work-related video can drive senior executives to take action. Overall, 65% have visited a vendor’s website after watching a video. Younger executives, however, may be more fully engaged with this type of media, and appear more likely to make a purchase, call a vendor, or respond to an ad.
- Executives can be receptive to video advertising. Overall, executives notice ads that run alongside videos, and many are comfortable watching in-stream ads. Video-friendly younger executives are more comfortable with these ad formats.
- The social element of online video is strong in the executive suite. More than half of senior executives share videos with colleagues at least weekly, and receive work-related videos as often. Younger executives appear very willing to share and view videos using social media.
- Organizations looking to reach senior executives with video should consider some of the preferences voiced by the survey respondents. The survey found that executives like information in a mix of text and video. They look to different outlets for different types of videos (e.g., business sites for news, YouTube for testimonials). And many are willing to engage with longer videos.
Of course, this still leaves plenty of questions unanswered as to how your firm can succeed with video, but it certainly suggests the opportunity for success is there.
Action & Discussion Points:
- Can you survey some of your clients and prospects to see if they have similar views to the Google/Forbes Insights panel?
- What topic focus and format (e.g. testimonial, point of view or expert profile) would deliver the best success for your firm?
- How can you integrate video with your other marketing and business development activities?
- How do generate awareness of your video content?
- What would constitute success?