Burkey’s post and this podcast interview with the authors on The Sales Blog indicate that the book, and its underlying research, confirm many of the key principles we have been working with clients on in recent years.
- Insights matter
- Business acumen matters
- Driving two way conversations matters
- Focusing on business value matters
Are your professionals challengers?
- Do they have the skills to lead business results oriented conversations with their clients?
- Do they bring insights and points of view that challenge their clients thinking on key business issues?
Or are your professionals challenged?
- Do they prefer to stay in their technical/professional comfort zone?
- Do they prefer to wait for the client to call?
We certainly believe, and the research from this book would appear to confirm, that for professionals to be successful rainmakers, they must engage with clients around their business issues and around what creates business value. Doing so will in turn help professional firms to open up new leads, improve their lead conversion rate, improve fee and margin levels and increase client satisfaction and retention.
Are you equipping your professionals for success?
I’m sure we’ll have more to say on this in the near future.